Thursday, December 8, 2011

8 December 2011

Well, I was given the two Fleet enemas for the sphygmoidoscopy this afternoon.  I was hoping for hemorrhoids - imagine that!  Unfortunately it isn't.  It is a flare-up of the colitis.  I am terribly disappointed.  We faxed the results of the procedure to Dr. Behbakht and have a call into the oncology nurse, Syd.  I so want this NOT to bump me out of the trial.  My gastroenterologist could tell me NOTHING about how this flared up. Everyone who has colitis has a 40% chance of getting a flare-up every single year.  It could have been the accumulative effect of the Avastin - but he couldn't say.  Because I cannot be given Remicaid or any other Colitis medication, there is only one option - oral and suppository medication that costs over $2000 a month!  Geez, what a choice!  Dave has gone down to the valley to get the suppositories/enemas.  They didn't even have them here in Estes!  I have the Asacol pills - he's gone down to Loveland to get the rest.

I am very disappointed and depressed this afternoon.  I am also short of sleep and want to take a nap, if my brain will slow down enough to let me.

I'll post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment