Monday, September 26, 2011

26 September 2011

I have been negligent about posting.  Don't think I am doing poorly.  I'm not.  In fact, I am so busy I forget to post.  I continue to feel well.  It is amazing to me - this was not what I expected from chemotherapy.  The only side effects I had with the second infusion (cottonmouth, headache and no taste for one meal) have dissipated and the only other side effect prevalent is that the good affects for my RA only last about two weeks.  Week three was bad, but that also coincided with a turn in the weather: a drop in temperature and rain.  This week is actually week #4 because my Dr. was not going to be there last Friday, so it was postponed for a week.  The weather has changed back to summer - nice, mid-70's, sunny, no rain.  The forecast is welcomed.  I am not ready to give up on summer warmth.

I had my lab work done last Thursday, as usual.  My BP was 136/82, heart rate 74, white BC count 4.4, platelets 149, RBC 14 and 43 - all normal. 

After this infusion I have to wait one week and then have a follow-up PETscan with contrast.  That is scheduled for October 11.  This follow-up PETscan is required after every three infusions.  I don't like being exposed to this much radiation but the cancer is worse.  So, if this helps them see something sooner, so much the better.  They will be looking at two lymph nodes that were prominent on the last PETscan due (they think) to inflammation following the surgery.  That upset me for a day until I talked again with the oncology nurse.  So I am trying to put that aside and not worry about something over which I have no control.

No comments:

Post a Comment