Thursday, August 18, 2011

Good Labs

I had my weekly labs done today and, although I don't know what the blood work showed, I'm sure they were fine.  What really pleased me was the BP.  Two weeks ago I had to go off one of my BP meds - not allowed on the clinical trial.  My BP this am was 126/78 - near perfect, as the Triage Nurse said.  So...today is a good day - no longer a metallic taste in my mouth, water tastes good again and so does Blueberry-Pomegranate Gatorade, although I still feel like I'm venturing into Star Wars when I ask for a drink that is indeed 'blue'!!  I did PT yesterday and still feel good.  After going in for the weekly lab work, Dave and I went over to the Estes Park Farmers' Market.  We parked and I walked the whole length of the market and back - a couple of times.  I also saw several friends, stopped and talked with them - glad to see them all.  I also petted a beautiful, very large Golden Retriever - name was Garson.  He was terribly interested in all the new smells available to him.  I am trying to eat organic foods.  We are eating many more veggies and fruits - all organic.  Eating organically, I am able to take care of one of the side effects I don't want, caused by the chemo - constipation  The fruit I eat for breakfast does the trick.

Tomorrow is spa day.  <Sigh>

No comments:

Post a Comment